The overall goal of education program is to contribute in the national goal, “Education For All (EFA)” by 2015. VARD intends to introduce and provide support and access to life oriented Non-Formal Education (NFPE) programs, responding to the needs of economically underprivileged people. The focus is on the provision of qualitative, formal, non-formal and adult (mass literacy) education including adolescent empowering Shonglap education and Early Childhood Development (ECD) through the collaboration with Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, Government of Bangladesh and other available resources from National & International NGOs. Another objective of the program is to promote good governance through community mobilization, advocacy and networking on social justice.
The on going activities of EP are:
- Provide Formal Education, Non-Formal Primary Education for children and adolescent
- Strengthen the Primary School Managing Committee (SMC) and Parents Teachers Association (PTA)
- Establish primary school and learning centers
- Provide skill development training and life skill education
- Establish legal rights
- Strengthen the capacity building of local government
- Mainstreaming of school dropout adolescents
- Establishment of adolescent forum
- Enforce existing laws and order to establish child & women rights and
- Continue advocacy.